All week I’ve been enjoying reading observations about this year from fellow SQL Server bloggers. A recurring theme seems to be that we all can always keep getting better, which is something I think about quite often. I’m very proud of my professional progress this year, particularly that I finally got the guts to become involved in the SQL Server community rather than just observe. Turns out I enjoy blogging a lot - and I mean a whole lot - aka my husband thinks I’m nuts sometimes.
Highlights for 2010
- Moved from St. Louis, MO to Charlotte, NC (our long overdue escape from the midwest!)
- Started working with Mariner (a great company!)
- Actively involved in Mariner’s mentoring program (a huge thank you to Wayne Snyder for his time, encouragement, and advice)
- Launched SQLChick blog in August (happy to see a steady growth in traffic each month – just the month of December has had 486 unique visitors with 1,081 page views!)
- Published one article on MSBICentral
- Passed the MCITP exam for BI
Goals for 2011
- Speak at 2 events
- Post 50 high quality blog posts
- Publish 2 articles
- Improve technical skills
- Get involved with Twitter in a way that suits my style
- Continue meeting people & learning how to be a helpful contributor to the SQL community
Can’t wait to write my “Reflecting on 2011” entry!